Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter October 2020
Sunday, November 15th, 2020
The Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership across the county.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Domestic Abuse: information on local and national domestic abuse services continuing to offer support, including online and telephone services.
- Silent Solution: in danger, need the Police, can’t speak – here’s how to call.
- World Mental Health Day: held yearly on 10th October, especially relevant this year with pressures from coronavirus restrictions. Advice on how you can call for support.
- National Hate Crime Awareness Week: held from 10th – 17th October. Advice if you think you have been a victim of, or witnessed a hate crime.
- Anti-Slavery Day: held on Sunday 18th October, raising awareness of human trafficking and modern slavery. Contact details if you suspect something.
- Friends Against Scams FASathon: held Wednesday 21st October, with as many people as possible encouraged in one day to complete the online awareness session to protect themselves and their loved ones from scams.
- Thames Valley Police Visual Impairment Protocol
- Winter Home Security advice
- Youth Offending Service Volunteers: current opportunities to volunteer for the Buckinghamshire’s Youth Offending Service
Other Recent Posts
Forum Meeting April 5th 2023 – report, minutes, video
Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
Report, minutes and video recordinig of Forum meeting April 5th 2023. Focus choices made for Neighbourhood Policing teams: Burglary – Speeding – Drugs Read More...
Green Shoots for Policing in our Neighbourhoods?
Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
Recent proposals by UK Government, Thames Valley Police and Thames Valley Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) all make promises of increased resources for Neighbourhood Policing and greater focus on neighbourhood crime. Read More...
TVP Consultation on Local Policing Proposals
Tuesday, April 11th, 2023
Proposals have been made for a major review of local policing within Thames Valley. Active participation will make the point that we care about local policing, and retaining and rebuilding a local presence. Please express your views. Read More...
Open Letter from New Chief Constable Jason Hogg
Wednesday, April 5th, 2023
Open letter and video sharing the priorities of new Chief Constable Jason Hogg; “supporting victims, fighting crime, and building trust and confidence amongst our communities.” Read More...
Neighbourhood Watch Free Crime Prevention Webinars
Monday, February 13th, 2023
Neighbourhood Watch is running a series of free Crime Prevention webinars throughout February. Places available on Psychology of Scams and Preventing Burglary with WIDEN. Read More...
New PCC Whatsapp Broadcast Group
Wednesday, February 8th, 2023
Residents wishing to be kept up to date about local crime issues can sign up to the newly launched Police and Crime Commissioner WhatsApp broadcast group. Read More...