Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter October 2020
Sunday, November 15th, 2020
The Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership across the county.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Domestic Abuse: information on local and national domestic abuse services continuing to offer support, including online and telephone services.
- Silent Solution: in danger, need the Police, can’t speak – here’s how to call.
- World Mental Health Day: held yearly on 10th October, especially relevant this year with pressures from coronavirus restrictions. Advice on how you can call for support.
- National Hate Crime Awareness Week: held from 10th – 17th October. Advice if you think you have been a victim of, or witnessed a hate crime.
- Anti-Slavery Day: held on Sunday 18th October, raising awareness of human trafficking and modern slavery. Contact details if you suspect something.
- Friends Against Scams FASathon: held Wednesday 21st October, with as many people as possible encouraged in one day to complete the online awareness session to protect themselves and their loved ones from scams.
- Thames Valley Police Visual Impairment Protocol
- Winter Home Security advice
- Youth Offending Service Volunteers: current opportunities to volunteer for the Buckinghamshire’s Youth Offending Service
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Wednesday, January 12th, 2022
Details of the current consultation over a proposed increase in precept to fund Thames Valley Police. The Forum encourages all residents to participate. Read More...
Thursday, December 2nd, 2021
Detailed winter Rural Crime newsletter issued by Sgt Darren Walsh. Includes crime prevention tips and news of a new WhatsApp group Read More...
Friday, November 19th, 2021
How the Forum has facilitated engagement between residents and Police over the past four years, and thanking residents for their inputs. Read More...
Sunday, November 14th, 2021
An unpleasant incident on the Forum’s November meeting reminds us of the need to protect ourselves proactively against hackers and cyber crime. Read More...
Friday, October 29th, 2021
Invitation to free webinar providing in-depth view on County Lines, Tuesday 9th November Read More...
Wednesday, October 27th, 2021
Update on the creation of a Rural Crime Task Force. Read More...