Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter September 2020
Sunday, October 25th, 2020
The Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership across the county.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Hotel Watch: originally a scheme aimed to raise awareness around child exploitation across the hospitality industry, now broadened to include other elements of exploitation, such as modern slavery, county lines (drugs exploitation) and adult exploitation.
- Theft from Vehicles: most vehicle crime can be prevented – reminders of measures to keep thieves at bay.
- ‘Stop Loan Sharks’ App: free app offering users advice of what a loan shark is and tell-tale signs to be aware of, including cash loans without paperwork, extortionate interest, use of benefits or bank cards as security and threatening behaviour or violence.
- ‘Prevent’ Community Roundtable: first virtual ‘Prevent’ Community Roundtable, held on 24th September. Around 70 members of the community including faith leaders, councillors and youth workers had the chance to hear from a Home Office representative on the Prevent strategy during the interactive session.
- Clocks Go Back: with the darker evenings, advice on keeping our homes safe.
- Halloween: advice on recommended activities, and unsuitable activities, in the COVID-19 context.
- Fireworks: similar advice relating to Bonfire Night.
- Coronavirus Information: link to information on the coronavirus, service changes and details on how to access support across Buckinghamshire.
Other Recent Posts
Forum Meeting April 5th 2023 – report, minutes, video
Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
Report, minutes and video recordinig of Forum meeting April 5th 2023. Focus choices made for Neighbourhood Policing teams: Burglary – Speeding – Drugs Read More...
Green Shoots for Policing in our Neighbourhoods?
Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
Recent proposals by UK Government, Thames Valley Police and Thames Valley Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) all make promises of increased resources for Neighbourhood Policing and greater focus on neighbourhood crime. Read More...
TVP Consultation on Local Policing Proposals
Tuesday, April 11th, 2023
Proposals have been made for a major review of local policing within Thames Valley. Active participation will make the point that we care about local policing, and retaining and rebuilding a local presence. Please express your views. Read More...
Open Letter from New Chief Constable Jason Hogg
Wednesday, April 5th, 2023
Open letter and video sharing the priorities of new Chief Constable Jason Hogg; “supporting victims, fighting crime, and building trust and confidence amongst our communities.” Read More...
Neighbourhood Watch Free Crime Prevention Webinars
Monday, February 13th, 2023
Neighbourhood Watch is running a series of free Crime Prevention webinars throughout February. Places available on Psychology of Scams and Preventing Burglary with WIDEN. Read More...
New PCC Whatsapp Broadcast Group
Wednesday, February 8th, 2023
Residents wishing to be kept up to date about local crime issues can sign up to the newly launched Police and Crime Commissioner WhatsApp broadcast group. Read More...