Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter September 2020
Sunday, October 25th, 2020
The Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership across the county.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Hotel Watch: originally a scheme aimed to raise awareness around child exploitation across the hospitality industry, now broadened to include other elements of exploitation, such as modern slavery, county lines (drugs exploitation) and adult exploitation.
- Theft from Vehicles: most vehicle crime can be prevented – reminders of measures to keep thieves at bay.
- ‘Stop Loan Sharks’ App: free app offering users advice of what a loan shark is and tell-tale signs to be aware of, including cash loans without paperwork, extortionate interest, use of benefits or bank cards as security and threatening behaviour or violence.
- ‘Prevent’ Community Roundtable: first virtual ‘Prevent’ Community Roundtable, held on 24th September. Around 70 members of the community including faith leaders, councillors and youth workers had the chance to hear from a Home Office representative on the Prevent strategy during the interactive session.
- Clocks Go Back: with the darker evenings, advice on keeping our homes safe.
- Halloween: advice on recommended activities, and unsuitable activities, in the COVID-19 context.
- Fireworks: similar advice relating to Bonfire Night.
- Coronavirus Information: link to information on the coronavirus, service changes and details on how to access support across Buckinghamshire.
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021
Social media – web content – promotion – community boards. Just some of the creative and interesting opportunities for volunteers to help the work of the Forum. Could it be you? Read More...
Monday, June 14th, 2021
A guide to Nitrous Oxide abuse, published by Buckinghamshire Council Community Safety team in its latest Community Safety Newsletter. Read More...
Monday, June 14th, 2021
We welcome Chief Inspector Rachel Patterson in her new role as Deputy Commander, Chiltern & South Buckinghamshire Local Policing Area (LPA) Read More...
Monday, June 7th, 2021
Packed edition of Buckinghamshire Community Safety newsletter. Anti-social behaviour, Scams, Nitrous Oxide, Neighbourhood Watch and much more! Read More...
Friday, May 28th, 2021
Rental e-scooters are being trialled in nearby towns, so why are privately-owned scooters on allowed on the roads? Guidance on the rules around e-Scooters Read More...
Saturday, May 22nd, 2021
Advice on preventing catalytic converter theft, and a video showing removal of a catalytic conveter in less than a minute. Read More...