Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter Spring 2021
Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021
The Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership across the county.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Vaccination Scams: Guidance on protecting yourselves from ruthless fraudsters taking advantage of the vaccination programme and people’s anxiety.
- Romance Fraud: another unexpected by-product of the pandemic, as criminals seek to exploit loneliness and isolation.
- Spring Garden Crime: guarding against shed burglaries, which tend to spike in the spring.
- Doorstep Cold Calling: advice on avoiding falling victim to fraud on your doorstep.
- Rural Crime: advice on protection against being a victim of rural crime.
- Safer Internet Day: including a list of online resources available to help ensure safer use of the Internet.
- Domestic Abuse: lockdown has both added to domestic pressures and may have made it harder for victims to access help and support. Includes a list of different ways residents can access help and support services.
- Ask for ANI Domestic Abuse Codeword Scheme: Counter Terrorism Policing’s newly launched safeguarding website
- Domestic Abuse Funding: Buckinghamshire Council has been granted £854,917 of additional £125 million being allocated to Councils across England to provide support for victims of domestic abuse and their children.
- Travel Safe Bucks: campaign aimed at tackling the issue of people who use their mobile phones whilst driving.
- National Child Exploitation Awareness Day: on 18th March, highlighting issues surrounding Child Exploitation.
- National Stalking Awareness Week: starts Tuesday 20th April.
- Victims of Modern Slavery & Exploitation – Hidden in plain sight!: another area adversely impacted by the pandemic, creating huge increases in vulnerability.
- Street Associations: aims to create friendly and supportive streets where people belong, have friends and look out for one-another.
Click to open Community Safety News:
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Monday, June 14th, 2021
A guide to Nitrous Oxide abuse, published by Buckinghamshire Council Community Safety team in its latest Community Safety Newsletter. Read More...
Monday, June 14th, 2021
We welcome Chief Inspector Rachel Patterson in her new role as Deputy Commander, Chiltern & South Buckinghamshire Local Policing Area (LPA) Read More...
Monday, June 7th, 2021
Packed edition of Buckinghamshire Community Safety newsletter. Anti-social behaviour, Scams, Nitrous Oxide, Neighbourhood Watch and much more! Read More...
Friday, May 28th, 2021
Rental e-scooters are being trialled in nearby towns, so why are privately-owned scooters on allowed on the roads? Guidance on the rules around e-Scooters Read More...
Saturday, May 22nd, 2021
Advice on preventing catalytic converter theft, and a video showing removal of a catalytic conveter in less than a minute. Read More...
Friday, April 30th, 2021
Following many media and social media reports of dog thefts, we publish advice on keeping your pets safe from theft. Read More...