Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter Spring 2021
Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021
The Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership across the county.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Vaccination Scams: Guidance on protecting yourselves from ruthless fraudsters taking advantage of the vaccination programme and people’s anxiety.
- Romance Fraud: another unexpected by-product of the pandemic, as criminals seek to exploit loneliness and isolation.
- Spring Garden Crime: guarding against shed burglaries, which tend to spike in the spring.
- Doorstep Cold Calling: advice on avoiding falling victim to fraud on your doorstep.
- Rural Crime: advice on protection against being a victim of rural crime.
- Safer Internet Day: including a list of online resources available to help ensure safer use of the Internet.
- Domestic Abuse: lockdown has both added to domestic pressures and may have made it harder for victims to access help and support. Includes a list of different ways residents can access help and support services.
- Ask for ANI Domestic Abuse Codeword Scheme: Counter Terrorism Policing’s newly launched safeguarding website
- Domestic Abuse Funding: Buckinghamshire Council has been granted £854,917 of additional £125 million being allocated to Councils across England to provide support for victims of domestic abuse and their children.
- Travel Safe Bucks: campaign aimed at tackling the issue of people who use their mobile phones whilst driving.
- National Child Exploitation Awareness Day: on 18th March, highlighting issues surrounding Child Exploitation.
- National Stalking Awareness Week: starts Tuesday 20th April.
- Victims of Modern Slavery & Exploitation – Hidden in plain sight!: another area adversely impacted by the pandemic, creating huge increases in vulnerability.
- Street Associations: aims to create friendly and supportive streets where people belong, have friends and look out for one-another.
Click to open Community Safety News:
Other Recent Posts
Wednesday, August 9th, 2023
At least three organisations invite residents of Chiltern and South Bucks to participate in periodic or rolling surveys relating to crime and community safety. We explain how all three contribute to our overall safety. Read More...
Wednesday, June 28th, 2023
Survey inviting victim-survivors of rape and other sexual offences to take part in a survey about their experience with the police. The findings will help the police to improve their handling and process. Read More...
Monday, June 26th, 2023
The stars may be aligning as Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner, Thames Valley Police and the Safer Buckinghamshire Partnership all publish documents promising prioritisation of neighbourhood crime. Read More...
Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
Report, minutes and video recordinig of Forum meeting April 5th 2023. Focus choices made for Neighbourhood Policing teams: Burglary – Speeding – Drugs Read More...
Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
Recent proposals by UK Government, Thames Valley Police and Thames Valley Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) all make promises of increased resources for Neighbourhood Policing and greater focus on neighbourhood crime. Read More...
Tuesday, April 11th, 2023
Proposals have been made for a major review of local policing within Thames Valley. Active participation will make the point that we care about local policing, and retaining and rebuilding a local presence. Please express your views. Read More...