Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter Spring 2021
Wednesday, March 3rd, 2021
The Buckinghamshire Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership across the county.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Vaccination Scams: Guidance on protecting yourselves from ruthless fraudsters taking advantage of the vaccination programme and people’s anxiety.
- Romance Fraud: another unexpected by-product of the pandemic, as criminals seek to exploit loneliness and isolation.
- Spring Garden Crime: guarding against shed burglaries, which tend to spike in the spring.
- Doorstep Cold Calling: advice on avoiding falling victim to fraud on your doorstep.
- Rural Crime: advice on protection against being a victim of rural crime.
- Safer Internet Day: including a list of online resources available to help ensure safer use of the Internet.
- Domestic Abuse: lockdown has both added to domestic pressures and may have made it harder for victims to access help and support. Includes a list of different ways residents can access help and support services.
- Ask for ANI Domestic Abuse Codeword Scheme: Counter Terrorism Policing’s newly launched safeguarding website
- Domestic Abuse Funding: Buckinghamshire Council has been granted £854,917 of additional £125 million being allocated to Councils across England to provide support for victims of domestic abuse and their children.
- Travel Safe Bucks: campaign aimed at tackling the issue of people who use their mobile phones whilst driving.
- National Child Exploitation Awareness Day: on 18th March, highlighting issues surrounding Child Exploitation.
- National Stalking Awareness Week: starts Tuesday 20th April.
- Victims of Modern Slavery & Exploitation – Hidden in plain sight!: another area adversely impacted by the pandemic, creating huge increases in vulnerability.
- Street Associations: aims to create friendly and supportive streets where people belong, have friends and look out for one-another.
Click to open Community Safety News:
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Wednesday, January 12th, 2022
Details of the current consultation over a proposed increase in precept to fund Thames Valley Police. The Forum encourages all residents to participate. Read More...
Thursday, December 2nd, 2021
Detailed winter Rural Crime newsletter issued by Sgt Darren Walsh. Includes crime prevention tips and news of a new WhatsApp group Read More...
Friday, November 19th, 2021
How the Forum has facilitated engagement between residents and Police over the past four years, and thanking residents for their inputs. Read More...
Sunday, November 14th, 2021
An unpleasant incident on the Forum’s November meeting reminds us of the need to protect ourselves proactively against hackers and cyber crime. Read More...
Friday, October 29th, 2021
Invitation to free webinar providing in-depth view on County Lines, Tuesday 9th November Read More...
Wednesday, October 27th, 2021
Update on the creation of a Rural Crime Task Force. Read More...