Buckinghamshire Council Community Safety Newsletter Spring 2022
Friday, March 11th, 2022
The latest edition of the Buckinghamshire Council Comunity Safety Newsletter is now available, and can be viewed here.
It is a comprehensive round-up of community safety news and initiatives. Of particular interest for residents in Chiltern and South Bucks are:
- Violence Against Women & Girls – Self-Defence Classes: two pilot self-defence classes have been held within Chiltern & S Bucks LPA to help increase personal confidence when in public places. Both proved successful and fully subscribed. It is now hoped to roll out classes across the Chiltern & South Bucks LPA, and even Bucks-wide.
- Crime Reduction Advisers Initiative: run by Neighbourhood Watch (NHW) volunteers in partnership with Thames Valley Police, offering a free home survey to assess security from burglary.
- Buckinghamshire Council’s CCTV control team based in High Wycombe: a round-up of its work in 2021.
Buckinghamshire Council – Privacy and CCTV
- National Child Exploitation Awareness Day on March 18th. A day aimed to highlight the issues surrounding Child Exploitation; encouraging everyone to think, spot and speak out against abuse.
- Tips and information on Cold Callers – Doorstep Crime, Spring Crime and Rural Crime
Other Recent Posts
Monday, November 27th, 2023
The Police and Crime Commissioner invites residents to participate in a consultation on Police funding for 2024-2025 Read More...
Thursday, November 9th, 2023
Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner addresses a well attended meeting on Community Speedwatch at Great Missenden Memorial Hall. Read More...
Tuesday, October 24th, 2023
A ‘Let’s Talk About Speeding’ meeting has been arranged for residents of the Missendens Community Board area on the evening of Tuesday 7th November, at the Great Missenden Memorial Hall. Read More...
Monday, October 23rd, 2023
Annual Community Safety survey from Buckinghamshire Council, informing strategy to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour in Buckinghamshire. Read More...
Sunday, October 22nd, 2023
Do we want a proactive, problem solving approach from our Police, or a service focussed simply on implementing a legal code? The ‘right’ answer is “the former”, but requires trust and confidence of communities in their Police service Read More...
Thursday, October 19th, 2023
Shoplifting is becoming a growing scourge. It’s misguided to consider it a ‘victimless crime’, absorbed by businesses and causing limited real harm. Read More...