Buckinghamshire Council Community Safety Newsletter Spring 2022
Friday, March 11th, 2022
The latest edition of the Buckinghamshire Council Comunity Safety Newsletter is now available, and can be viewed here.
It is a comprehensive round-up of community safety news and initiatives. Of particular interest for residents in Chiltern and South Bucks are:
- Violence Against Women & Girls – Self-Defence Classes: two pilot self-defence classes have been held within Chiltern & S Bucks LPA to help increase personal confidence when in public places. Both proved successful and fully subscribed. It is now hoped to roll out classes across the Chiltern & South Bucks LPA, and even Bucks-wide.
- Crime Reduction Advisers Initiative: run by Neighbourhood Watch (NHW) volunteers in partnership with Thames Valley Police, offering a free home survey to assess security from burglary.
- Buckinghamshire Council’s CCTV control team based in High Wycombe: a round-up of its work in 2021.
Buckinghamshire Council – Privacy and CCTV
- National Child Exploitation Awareness Day on March 18th. A day aimed to highlight the issues surrounding Child Exploitation; encouraging everyone to think, spot and speak out against abuse.
- Tips and information on Cold Callers – Doorstep Crime, Spring Crime and Rural Crime
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Thursday, May 12th, 2022
Latest TVP Rural Crime update, reporting on activity to thwart rural crime. Includes details of Twitter account and WhatsApp groups for Chiltern and South Bucks. Read More...
Saturday, April 2nd, 2022
Survey for victims, and professionals who work with victims, on design of future support services in the Thames Valley. Read More...
Monday, March 14th, 2022
Road Safety Summit announced by PCC is to be welcomed if it helps address behaviours which make speeding and anti social driving leading concerns of local residents. Read More...
Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022
Information on joining the NEW Chiltern Rural Community WhatsApp Group. Administered by the public, with direct engagement with the Neighbourhood Policing team, it will be a tool to share information with community and Police Read More...
Tuesday, March 1st, 2022
Following a change in legislation, Buckinghamshire Council plans to apply for powers to monitor and enforce moving traffic contraventions. It is seeking residents’ opinions in a consultation closing on 4th April. Read More...
Saturday, January 29th, 2022
Another appeal for residents to REPORT concerns, in this case incidents of reckless and extreme antisocial night time behaviour by drivers Read More...