Buckinghamshire Council Community Safety Newsletter Spring 2022
Friday, March 11th, 2022
The latest edition of the Buckinghamshire Council Comunity Safety Newsletter is now available, and can be viewed here.
It is a comprehensive round-up of community safety news and initiatives. Of particular interest for residents in Chiltern and South Bucks are:
- Violence Against Women & Girls – Self-Defence Classes: two pilot self-defence classes have been held within Chiltern & S Bucks LPA to help increase personal confidence when in public places. Both proved successful and fully subscribed. It is now hoped to roll out classes across the Chiltern & South Bucks LPA, and even Bucks-wide.
- Crime Reduction Advisers Initiative: run by Neighbourhood Watch (NHW) volunteers in partnership with Thames Valley Police, offering a free home survey to assess security from burglary.
- Buckinghamshire Council’s CCTV control team based in High Wycombe: a round-up of its work in 2021.
Buckinghamshire Council – Privacy and CCTV
- National Child Exploitation Awareness Day on March 18th. A day aimed to highlight the issues surrounding Child Exploitation; encouraging everyone to think, spot and speak out against abuse.
- Tips and information on Cold Callers – Doorstep Crime, Spring Crime and Rural Crime
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Wednesday, November 30th, 2022
Neighbourhood Police INspector and colleagues will speak to residents about concerns of an increase in burglaries via a Microsoft Teams meeting, 7pm Thursday 1st December. Read More...
Tuesday, November 22nd, 2022
A short explainer video by Thames Valley Police on Stop and Search. Explains the process and the rights of anyone involved. Read More...
Sunday, October 16th, 2022
The Safer Buckinghamshire Board’s annual Community Safety survey is seeking residents’ views and is open until October 30th. Read More...
Thursday, October 13th, 2022
All residents are invited to participate in the Forum’s survey of residents’ concerns. These will inform discussion at the subsequent meeting of residents and Neighbourhood Police, and the setting of Neighbourhood Policing focus areas. Read More...
Tuesday, September 20th, 2022
Latest TVP Rural Crime update. making Country Watch members and residents aware of current crime trends to allow them to take action and develop working practices to reduce crime. Read More...
Friday, August 12th, 2022
The roll out of CSW groups under the new arrangements continues. An update on how concerned residents can get involved Read More...