Buckinghamshire Council’s draft Vehicle Removal Policy
Friday, February 26th, 2021
Whether sloppy and inconsiderate parking, obstruction, school gate (and beyond) congestion, frustration over parking issues feature regularly in the Forum’s surveys.
You now have the chance to comment on Buckinghamshire Council’s draft policy on removing parked vehicles that contravene on-street parking restrictions.
The proposed Council Policy sets out in which circumstances it will remove parked vehicles that contravene on-street parking restrictions and take them to a secure vehicle storage facility. These circumstances include:
- Parked vehicles that cause a serious obstruction to emergency services and other road users
- Vehicles parked in a disabled-person’s parking bay without displaying a disabled blue badge
- Fraudulent use of a disabled-person’s parking blue badge (whether it is genuine or counterfeit)
- Persistent evaders – where there are five or more recorded parking contraventions for the vehicle and the penalties for these have not been paid.
- Fraudulent use of a Buckinghamshire Council pay-and-display parking ticket, parking permit or voucher (including cashless parking and virtual permits)
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Tuesday, July 5th, 2022
Excellent new tool from GetSafeOnline and Cifas, helping determine whether a website is likely to be legitimate or a scam. Read More...
Monday, June 27th, 2022
All residents are invited to participate in the Forum’s survey of residents’ concerns and the July 12th open meeting with representatives of Thames Valley Police. Read More...
Friday, June 24th, 2022
Congratulations to Sergeant Dan Ryder, awarded community officer of the year at TVP’s community Policing awards 2022. Read More...
Monday, June 20th, 2022
A new South Buckinghamshire local policing area (LPA) has been formed by amalgamating our former Chiltern & South Bucks policing area with Wycombe policing area. Read More...
Friday, June 17th, 2022
The official Annual Report for 2021/22 from Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner. Read More...
Thursday, June 16th, 2022
The Forum would like to thank Inspector Richard Vine for his consistent support and encouragement of the Forum and its efforts over the past four years. Read More...