Buckinghamshire Council’s draft Vehicle Removal Policy
Friday, February 26th, 2021
Whether sloppy and inconsiderate parking, obstruction, school gate (and beyond) congestion, frustration over parking issues feature regularly in the Forum’s surveys.
You now have the chance to comment on Buckinghamshire Council’s draft policy on removing parked vehicles that contravene on-street parking restrictions.
The proposed Council Policy sets out in which circumstances it will remove parked vehicles that contravene on-street parking restrictions and take them to a secure vehicle storage facility. These circumstances include:
- Parked vehicles that cause a serious obstruction to emergency services and other road users
- Vehicles parked in a disabled-person’s parking bay without displaying a disabled blue badge
- Fraudulent use of a disabled-person’s parking blue badge (whether it is genuine or counterfeit)
- Persistent evaders – where there are five or more recorded parking contraventions for the vehicle and the penalties for these have not been paid.
- Fraudulent use of a Buckinghamshire Council pay-and-display parking ticket, parking permit or voucher (including cashless parking and virtual permits)
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Monday, June 14th, 2021
A guide to Nitrous Oxide abuse, published by Buckinghamshire Council Community Safety team in its latest Community Safety Newsletter. Read More...
Monday, June 14th, 2021
We welcome Chief Inspector Rachel Patterson in her new role as Deputy Commander, Chiltern & South Buckinghamshire Local Policing Area (LPA) Read More...
Monday, June 7th, 2021
Packed edition of Buckinghamshire Community Safety newsletter. Anti-social behaviour, Scams, Nitrous Oxide, Neighbourhood Watch and much more! Read More...
Friday, May 28th, 2021
Rental e-scooters are being trialled in nearby towns, so why are privately-owned scooters on allowed on the roads? Guidance on the rules around e-Scooters Read More...
Saturday, May 22nd, 2021
Advice on preventing catalytic converter theft, and a video showing removal of a catalytic conveter in less than a minute. Read More...
Friday, April 30th, 2021
Following many media and social media reports of dog thefts, we publish advice on keeping your pets safe from theft. Read More...