Buckinghamshire Council’s draft Vehicle Removal Policy
Friday, February 26th, 2021
Whether sloppy and inconsiderate parking, obstruction, school gate (and beyond) congestion, frustration over parking issues feature regularly in the Forum’s surveys.
You now have the chance to comment on Buckinghamshire Council’s draft policy on removing parked vehicles that contravene on-street parking restrictions.
The proposed Council Policy sets out in which circumstances it will remove parked vehicles that contravene on-street parking restrictions and take them to a secure vehicle storage facility. These circumstances include:
- Parked vehicles that cause a serious obstruction to emergency services and other road users
- Vehicles parked in a disabled-person’s parking bay without displaying a disabled blue badge
- Fraudulent use of a disabled-person’s parking blue badge (whether it is genuine or counterfeit)
- Persistent evaders – where there are five or more recorded parking contraventions for the vehicle and the penalties for these have not been paid.
- Fraudulent use of a Buckinghamshire Council pay-and-display parking ticket, parking permit or voucher (including cashless parking and virtual permits)
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Wednesday, January 12th, 2022
Details of the current consultation over a proposed increase in precept to fund Thames Valley Police. The Forum encourages all residents to participate. Read More...
Thursday, December 2nd, 2021
Detailed winter Rural Crime newsletter issued by Sgt Darren Walsh. Includes crime prevention tips and news of a new WhatsApp group Read More...
Friday, November 19th, 2021
How the Forum has facilitated engagement between residents and Police over the past four years, and thanking residents for their inputs. Read More...
Sunday, November 14th, 2021
An unpleasant incident on the Forum’s November meeting reminds us of the need to protect ourselves proactively against hackers and cyber crime. Read More...
Friday, October 29th, 2021
Invitation to free webinar providing in-depth view on County Lines, Tuesday 9th November Read More...
Wednesday, October 27th, 2021
Update on the creation of a Rural Crime Task Force. Read More...