Community Safety Newsletter July 2018
Friday, July 20th, 2018
The Community Safety Newsletter aims to keep residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Community Cards 2018: a sticker-collecting scheme encouraging Year 6 pupils to get involved with activities, care for their community, be safe and engage with local community organisations.
- National Neighbourhood Watch Week: start a Neighbourhood Watch scheme, join one already operating in your road, or find out more about how Neighbourhood Watch works.
- Tool Marking with Thames Valley Police.
- National Bike Week: encouraging residents to be more conscious of how secure their bikes are and if they haven’t already, get them marked to reduce the risk of theft.
- Shopwatch: a partnership scheme where retailers unify as an independent group, working closely with Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils’ Community Safety Team and Thames Valley Police to pre-empt theft, crime and anti-social behaviour in retail premises.
- Friends Against Scams: a National Trading Standards (NTS) Scams Team initiative, which aims to protect and prevent people from becoming victims of scams by empowering communities to “Take a Stand Against Scams”.
Other Recent Posts
Monday, November 27th, 2023
The Police and Crime Commissioner invites residents to participate in a consultation on Police funding for 2024-2025 Read More...
Thursday, November 9th, 2023
Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner addresses a well attended meeting on Community Speedwatch at Great Missenden Memorial Hall. Read More...
Tuesday, October 24th, 2023
A ‘Let’s Talk About Speeding’ meeting has been arranged for residents of the Missendens Community Board area on the evening of Tuesday 7th November, at the Great Missenden Memorial Hall. Read More...
Monday, October 23rd, 2023
Annual Community Safety survey from Buckinghamshire Council, informing strategy to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour in Buckinghamshire. Read More...
Sunday, October 22nd, 2023
Do we want a proactive, problem solving approach from our Police, or a service focussed simply on implementing a legal code? The ‘right’ answer is “the former”, but requires trust and confidence of communities in their Police service Read More...
Thursday, October 19th, 2023
Shoplifting is becoming a growing scourge. It’s misguided to consider it a ‘victimless crime’, absorbed by businesses and causing limited real harm. Read More...