Community Safety Newsletter July 2018
Friday, July 20th, 2018
The Community Safety Newsletter aims to keep residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Community Cards 2018: a sticker-collecting scheme encouraging Year 6 pupils to get involved with activities, care for their community, be safe and engage with local community organisations.
- National Neighbourhood Watch Week: start a Neighbourhood Watch scheme, join one already operating in your road, or find out more about how Neighbourhood Watch works.
- Tool Marking with Thames Valley Police.
- National Bike Week: encouraging residents to be more conscious of how secure their bikes are and if they haven’t already, get them marked to reduce the risk of theft.
- Shopwatch: a partnership scheme where retailers unify as an independent group, working closely with Chiltern and South Bucks District Councils’ Community Safety Team and Thames Valley Police to pre-empt theft, crime and anti-social behaviour in retail premises.
- Friends Against Scams: a National Trading Standards (NTS) Scams Team initiative, which aims to protect and prevent people from becoming victims of scams by empowering communities to “Take a Stand Against Scams”.
Other Recent Posts
Forum Meeting April 5th 2023 – report, minutes, video
Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
Report, minutes and video recordinig of Forum meeting April 5th 2023. Focus choices made for Neighbourhood Policing teams: Burglary – Speeding – Drugs Read More...
Green Shoots for Policing in our Neighbourhoods?
Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
Recent proposals by UK Government, Thames Valley Police and Thames Valley Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) all make promises of increased resources for Neighbourhood Policing and greater focus on neighbourhood crime. Read More...
TVP Consultation on Local Policing Proposals
Tuesday, April 11th, 2023
Proposals have been made for a major review of local policing within Thames Valley. Active participation will make the point that we care about local policing, and retaining and rebuilding a local presence. Please express your views. Read More...
Open Letter from New Chief Constable Jason Hogg
Wednesday, April 5th, 2023
Open letter and video sharing the priorities of new Chief Constable Jason Hogg; “supporting victims, fighting crime, and building trust and confidence amongst our communities.” Read More...
Neighbourhood Watch Free Crime Prevention Webinars
Monday, February 13th, 2023
Neighbourhood Watch is running a series of free Crime Prevention webinars throughout February. Places available on Psychology of Scams and Preventing Burglary with WIDEN. Read More...
New PCC Whatsapp Broadcast Group
Wednesday, February 8th, 2023
Residents wishing to be kept up to date about local crime issues can sign up to the newly launched Police and Crime Commissioner WhatsApp broadcast group. Read More...