Introducing… Switch Bucks
Monday, October 8th, 2018
From 1st October 2018, Cranstoun is the new provider of alcohol and drug services for young people in Buckinghamshire, operating under the title Switch Bucks. Its services are available for all young people aged 10 to 18 (up to 25 in exceptional cases).
Cranstoun is a charity which has as its mission empowering people to live healthy, safe and happy lives. It has operated throughout England for almost 50 years, with services currently spanning community-based outreach, treatment and recovery, detox, supported housing, and specialist services for young people and families and carers. See a list of Cranstoun programmes.
Working with Agencies across Bucks
In Buckinghamshire, Switch Bucks will be working with various agencies throughout the county. This will include:
- looking to enhance accessibility and the range of wellbeing and life skill support on offer to children and young people.
- establishing referral pathways – both into Switch Bucks and also into complementary provisions
- training agencies in how to identify and respond to the signs of substance misuse in children and young people.
- visiting their premises to meet and see children and young people.
- sharing information and data to ensure a consistent and coordinated response to the issue of substance misuse and associated challenges.
Open access evening drop-ins are to be established in Wycombe (with Wycombe Mind) and Aylesbury (with Youth Concern) – dates soon to be announced.
Switch Bucks’ practioners provide a county-wide service and are available to travel out and meet young people who require support at venues local to them. It is particularly interested in identifying and working with local Chiltern agencies, so that it has a number of options and venues to see young people. Should local organisations be interested in partnering, please contact Switch Bucks directly at email@example.com.
How this service will look for individuals:
Individuals can either be referred by an agency they are already working with, or contact the service directly via the drop-ins or by phoning or emailing the service directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- One-to-one individual support with a key worker
- Switch Bucks can meet the young person wherever they feel most comfortable
- Confidential information and advice
- Family and carer support
- Group work
- Professional drug and alcohol training
- Life skill development and AQA unit awards to young people, to build confidence, resilience and life skills.
- Education, training and employment support including supported access to Connexions
- General health support
- Access to local activities including cooking, music, arts and crafts
- Access to pharmacological support
- Support in dealing with the hidden harm caused by parental substance misuse
- Involvement of other services as agreed
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Monday, July 19th, 2021
Congratulations to PCSOs Jacqueline Day, Jen Shrager and Lesley Roche for their recent Commendations. Here are the inspiring stories behind their awards. Read More...
Tuesday, June 29th, 2021
Includes video, in which newly elected PCC Matthew Barber explains the five strands of his Police & Criminal Justice Plan. Point 1 is a focus on strong local (including Neighbourhood) policing. Read More...
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021
Social media – web content – promotion – community boards. Just some of the creative and interesting opportunities for volunteers to help the work of the Forum. Could it be you? Read More...
Monday, June 14th, 2021
A guide to Nitrous Oxide abuse, published by Buckinghamshire Council Community Safety team in its latest Community Safety Newsletter. Read More...
Monday, June 14th, 2021
We welcome Chief Inspector Rachel Patterson in her new role as Deputy Commander, Chiltern & South Buckinghamshire Local Policing Area (LPA) Read More...
Monday, June 7th, 2021
Packed edition of Buckinghamshire Community Safety newsletter. Anti-social behaviour, Scams, Nitrous Oxide, Neighbourhood Watch and much more! Read More...