Introducing… Switch Bucks
Monday, October 8th, 2018
From 1st October 2018, Cranstoun is the new provider of alcohol and drug services for young people in Buckinghamshire, operating under the title Switch Bucks. Its services are available for all young people aged 10 to 18 (up to 25 in exceptional cases).
Cranstoun is a charity which has as its mission empowering people to live healthy, safe and happy lives. It has operated throughout England for almost 50 years, with services currently spanning community-based outreach, treatment and recovery, detox, supported housing, and specialist services for young people and families and carers. See a list of Cranstoun programmes.
Working with Agencies across Bucks
In Buckinghamshire, Switch Bucks will be working with various agencies throughout the county. This will include:
- looking to enhance accessibility and the range of wellbeing and life skill support on offer to children and young people.
- establishing referral pathways – both into Switch Bucks and also into complementary provisions
- training agencies in how to identify and respond to the signs of substance misuse in children and young people.
- visiting their premises to meet and see children and young people.
- sharing information and data to ensure a consistent and coordinated response to the issue of substance misuse and associated challenges.
Open access evening drop-ins are to be established in Wycombe (with Wycombe Mind) and Aylesbury (with Youth Concern) – dates soon to be announced.
Switch Bucks’ practioners provide a county-wide service and are available to travel out and meet young people who require support at venues local to them. It is particularly interested in identifying and working with local Chiltern agencies, so that it has a number of options and venues to see young people. Should local organisations be interested in partnering, please contact Switch Bucks directly at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How this service will look for individuals:
Individuals can either be referred by an agency they are already working with, or contact the service directly via the drop-ins or by phoning or emailing the service directly at email@example.com.
- One-to-one individual support with a key worker
- Switch Bucks can meet the young person wherever they feel most comfortable
- Confidential information and advice
- Family and carer support
- Group work
- Professional drug and alcohol training
- Life skill development and AQA unit awards to young people, to build confidence, resilience and life skills.
- Education, training and employment support including supported access to Connexions
- General health support
- Access to local activities including cooking, music, arts and crafts
- Access to pharmacological support
- Support in dealing with the hidden harm caused by parental substance misuse
- Involvement of other services as agreed
Other Recent Posts
Friday, March 1st, 2024
A comprehensive round-up of the recent work of the TVP Rural Crime Taskforce. Rural crime trends, and crime reduction advice. Read More...
Wednesday, December 13th, 2023
We recommend South Buckinghamshire residents to take a few minutes to read this newsletter from Neighbourhood Policing Inspector James Ellis. It covers winter burglary and security from many angles, and offers information and advice to keep ourselves and our property safer. Read More...
Monday, November 27th, 2023
The Police and Crime Commissioner invites residents to participate in a consultation on Police funding for 2024-2025 Read More...
Thursday, November 9th, 2023
Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner addresses a well attended meeting on Community Speedwatch at Great Missenden Memorial Hall. Read More...
Tuesday, October 24th, 2023
A ‘Let’s Talk About Speeding’ meeting has been arranged for residents of the Missendens Community Board area on the evening of Tuesday 7th November, at the Great Missenden Memorial Hall. Read More...
Monday, October 23rd, 2023
Annual Community Safety survey from Buckinghamshire Council, informing strategy to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour in Buckinghamshire. Read More...