June 2020 Police & Crime Commissioner Newsletter
Tuesday, June 29th, 2021
In his initial newsletter as Police and Crime Commissioner, Matthew Barber spells out the five strands of his Police & Criminal Justice Plan, which will form the main priorities of his tenure.
Mr Barber states his commitment “to be the voice of the public for policing in our counties”, and with “Strong Local Policing – preventing crime & protecting communities” as one of his five strands, we hope that the next four years will see some of the fruits of this.
In the video Mr Barber explains the five key strands to the Police & Criminal Justice Plan.
Other stories in the newsletter:
- A further £1.16m in funding awarded to the Thames Valley Violence Reduction Unit (VRU) to continue with its work coordinating the partnership response to serious violence across the Thames Valley, with a focus on tackling the root causes of violence.
- Support for the ‘Protect Your Pooch’ campaign.
- Schools to receive new drugs awareness materials.
- Online training for the Victims First Connect programme taking place on 20th July.
- Recruiting for Independent Custody Visitors (ICV).
- A round-up of recent media coverage.
- Four officers and staff from Thames Valley Police named in Queen’s Birthday Honours list.
- Successful bid for £401,950 of Home Office funding to help make communities safer in Reading.
- Project Vigilant launch: local patrols to identify people displaying signs of predatory behaviour in Reading, Maidenhead & Windsor
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Monday, July 19th, 2021
Congratulations to PCSOs Jacqueline Day, Jen Shrager and Lesley Roche for their recent Commendations. Here are the inspiring stories behind their awards. Read More...
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021
Social media – web content – promotion – community boards. Just some of the creative and interesting opportunities for volunteers to help the work of the Forum. Could it be you? Read More...
Monday, June 14th, 2021
A guide to Nitrous Oxide abuse, published by Buckinghamshire Council Community Safety team in its latest Community Safety Newsletter. Read More...
Monday, June 14th, 2021
We welcome Chief Inspector Rachel Patterson in her new role as Deputy Commander, Chiltern & South Buckinghamshire Local Policing Area (LPA) Read More...
Monday, June 7th, 2021
Packed edition of Buckinghamshire Community Safety newsletter. Anti-social behaviour, Scams, Nitrous Oxide, Neighbourhood Watch and much more! Read More...
Friday, May 28th, 2021
Rental e-scooters are being trialled in nearby towns, so why are privately-owned scooters on allowed on the roads? Guidance on the rules around e-Scooters Read More...