June 2020 Police & Crime Commissioner Newsletter
Tuesday, June 29th, 2021
In his initial newsletter as Police and Crime Commissioner, Matthew Barber spells out the five strands of his Police & Criminal Justice Plan, which will form the main priorities of his tenure.
Mr Barber states his commitment “to be the voice of the public for policing in our counties”, and with “Strong Local Policing – preventing crime & protecting communities” as one of his five strands, we hope that the next four years will see some of the fruits of this.
In the video Mr Barber explains the five key strands to the Police & Criminal Justice Plan.
Other stories in the newsletter:
- A further £1.16m in funding awarded to the Thames Valley Violence Reduction Unit (VRU) to continue with its work coordinating the partnership response to serious violence across the Thames Valley, with a focus on tackling the root causes of violence.
- Support for the ‘Protect Your Pooch’ campaign.
- Schools to receive new drugs awareness materials.
- Online training for the Victims First Connect programme taking place on 20th July.
- Recruiting for Independent Custody Visitors (ICV).
- A round-up of recent media coverage.
- Four officers and staff from Thames Valley Police named in Queen’s Birthday Honours list.
- Successful bid for £401,950 of Home Office funding to help make communities safer in Reading.
- Project Vigilant launch: local patrols to identify people displaying signs of predatory behaviour in Reading, Maidenhead & Windsor
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Thursday, December 2nd, 2021
Detailed winter Rural Crime newsletter issued by Sgt Darren Walsh. Includes crime prevention tips and news of a new WhatsApp group Read More...
Friday, November 19th, 2021
How the Forum has facilitated engagement between residents and Police over the past four years, and thanking residents for their inputs. Read More...
Sunday, November 14th, 2021
An unpleasant incident on the Forum’s November meeting reminds us of the need to protect ourselves proactively against hackers and cyber crime. Read More...
Friday, October 29th, 2021
Invitation to free webinar providing in-depth view on County Lines, Tuesday 9th November Read More...
Wednesday, October 27th, 2021
Update on the creation of a Rural Crime Task Force. Read More...
Friday, October 22nd, 2021
UPDATE: THIS MEETING HAS HAD TO BE CANCELLED/POSTPONED. WE SHALL POST WHEN FURTHER INFORMATION IS AVAILABLE Read More...