Notes from Forum Meeting September 4th
Saturday, September 8th, 2018
Following review of the survey results and subsequent discussion, the following policing priorities were agreed for the coming quarter:
- Drug dealing and misuse
- Anti-social behaviour
Click here for minutes of the meeting (PDF. 820kb). A brief summary follows:
- There was a discussion about priorities set by the Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC), with responsibility for delivery lying with the Chief Constable, and how these can often be different to the priorities that the neighbourhood wishes to see being addressed. The PCC was reported to be particularly concerned by the decrease in confidence in rural areas, and the prevalence of fraud. The team of dedicated rural and wildlife officers is being strengthened, and all neighbourhood officers are being trained in advice on cyber crime.
- Inspector Richard Vine updated activity over the past 3 months on the previous neighbourhood priorities, Drug Dealing and Usage, Speeding Enforcement and Burglary Prevention. Detailed numbers are available in the minutes.
- The neighbourhood team had suffered some losses in personnel, but new appointments have been made.
- Priorities for the coming three months were agreed, as above. Whilst Drugs did not appear in the top 3 of the survey, the mood of the meeting was that they were a root cause of many of the other concerns. The meeting also noted that there is widespread community Speedwatch participation across the region, which will continue to receive support.
- The new website went live in August, and Robert Gibson of Dovedale Design gave a brief presentation. Focus will now be given to getting the word around via local forums, newsletters, magazines etc.
The meeting was informed by the following survey results:
Other Recent Posts
Forum Meeting April 5th 2023 – report, minutes, video
Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
Report, minutes and video recordinig of Forum meeting April 5th 2023. Focus choices made for Neighbourhood Policing teams: Burglary – Speeding – Drugs Read More...
Green Shoots for Policing in our Neighbourhoods?
Tuesday, April 18th, 2023
Recent proposals by UK Government, Thames Valley Police and Thames Valley Police & Crime Commissioner (PCC) all make promises of increased resources for Neighbourhood Policing and greater focus on neighbourhood crime. Read More...
TVP Consultation on Local Policing Proposals
Tuesday, April 11th, 2023
Proposals have been made for a major review of local policing within Thames Valley. Active participation will make the point that we care about local policing, and retaining and rebuilding a local presence. Please express your views. Read More...
Open Letter from New Chief Constable Jason Hogg
Wednesday, April 5th, 2023
Open letter and video sharing the priorities of new Chief Constable Jason Hogg; “supporting victims, fighting crime, and building trust and confidence amongst our communities.” Read More...
Neighbourhood Watch Free Crime Prevention Webinars
Monday, February 13th, 2023
Neighbourhood Watch is running a series of free Crime Prevention webinars throughout February. Places available on Psychology of Scams and Preventing Burglary with WIDEN. Read More...
New PCC Whatsapp Broadcast Group
Wednesday, February 8th, 2023
Residents wishing to be kept up to date about local crime issues can sign up to the newly launched Police and Crime Commissioner WhatsApp broadcast group. Read More...