Notes from Forum Meeting September 4th
Saturday, September 8th, 2018
Following review of the survey results and subsequent discussion, the following policing priorities were agreed for the coming quarter:
- Drug dealing and misuse
- Anti-social behaviour
Click here for minutes of the meeting (PDF. 820kb). A brief summary follows:
- There was a discussion about priorities set by the Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC), with responsibility for delivery lying with the Chief Constable, and how these can often be different to the priorities that the neighbourhood wishes to see being addressed. The PCC was reported to be particularly concerned by the decrease in confidence in rural areas, and the prevalence of fraud. The team of dedicated rural and wildlife officers is being strengthened, and all neighbourhood officers are being trained in advice on cyber crime.
- Inspector Richard Vine updated activity over the past 3 months on the previous neighbourhood priorities, Drug Dealing and Usage, Speeding Enforcement and Burglary Prevention. Detailed numbers are available in the minutes.
- The neighbourhood team had suffered some losses in personnel, but new appointments have been made.
- Priorities for the coming three months were agreed, as above. Whilst Drugs did not appear in the top 3 of the survey, the mood of the meeting was that they were a root cause of many of the other concerns. The meeting also noted that there is widespread community Speedwatch participation across the region, which will continue to receive support.
- The new website went live in August, and Robert Gibson of Dovedale Design gave a brief presentation. Focus will now be given to getting the word around via local forums, newsletters, magazines etc.
The meeting was informed by the following survey results:
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Monday, July 19th, 2021
Congratulations to PCSOs Jacqueline Day, Jen Shrager and Lesley Roche for their recent Commendations. Here are the inspiring stories behind their awards. Read More...
Tuesday, June 29th, 2021
Includes video, in which newly elected PCC Matthew Barber explains the five strands of his Police & Criminal Justice Plan. Point 1 is a focus on strong local (including Neighbourhood) policing. Read More...
Wednesday, June 23rd, 2021
Social media – web content – promotion – community boards. Just some of the creative and interesting opportunities for volunteers to help the work of the Forum. Could it be you? Read More...
Monday, June 14th, 2021
A guide to Nitrous Oxide abuse, published by Buckinghamshire Council Community Safety team in its latest Community Safety Newsletter. Read More...
Monday, June 14th, 2021
We welcome Chief Inspector Rachel Patterson in her new role as Deputy Commander, Chiltern & South Buckinghamshire Local Policing Area (LPA) Read More...
Monday, June 7th, 2021
Packed edition of Buckinghamshire Community Safety newsletter. Anti-social behaviour, Scams, Nitrous Oxide, Neighbourhood Watch and much more! Read More...