Notes from Forum Meeting September 4th
Saturday, September 8th, 2018
Following review of the survey results and subsequent discussion, the following policing priorities were agreed for the coming quarter:
- Drug dealing and misuse
- Anti-social behaviour
Click here for minutes of the meeting (PDF. 820kb). A brief summary follows:
- There was a discussion about priorities set by the Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner (PCC), with responsibility for delivery lying with the Chief Constable, and how these can often be different to the priorities that the neighbourhood wishes to see being addressed. The PCC was reported to be particularly concerned by the decrease in confidence in rural areas, and the prevalence of fraud. The team of dedicated rural and wildlife officers is being strengthened, and all neighbourhood officers are being trained in advice on cyber crime.
- Inspector Richard Vine updated activity over the past 3 months on the previous neighbourhood priorities, Drug Dealing and Usage, Speeding Enforcement and Burglary Prevention. Detailed numbers are available in the minutes.
- The neighbourhood team had suffered some losses in personnel, but new appointments have been made.
- Priorities for the coming three months were agreed, as above. Whilst Drugs did not appear in the top 3 of the survey, the mood of the meeting was that they were a root cause of many of the other concerns. The meeting also noted that there is widespread community Speedwatch participation across the region, which will continue to receive support.
- The new website went live in August, and Robert Gibson of Dovedale Design gave a brief presentation. Focus will now be given to getting the word around via local forums, newsletters, magazines etc.
The meeting was informed by the following survey results:
Other Recent Posts
Monday, December 5th, 2022
Video recording of Burglary Event held by Thames Valley Police for South Buckinghamshire residents on 1st December 2022 Read More...
Wednesday, February 1st, 2023
The Knife Angel spent a month at Arbour Park, Slough. We hope that its inspiring and thought provoking message has an abiding effect. Read More...
Friday, January 20th, 2023
Update on rural crime, including operations by the TVP Rural Crime team, crime trends, upcoming events, crime reduction advice and much more! Read More...
Friday, January 6th, 2023
Are you one of many residents who say we need more policing resource at a local/community level? If so, please take the opportunity to say so! Read More...
Friday, December 16th, 2022
We encourage residents to contribute their views to Thames Valley PCC Matthew Barber’s consultation on crime and the policing budget for 2023/24. Read More...
Wednesday, November 30th, 2022
Neighbourhood Police INspector and colleagues will speak to residents about concerns of an increase in burglaries via a Microsoft Teams meeting, 7pm Thursday 1st December. Read More...