November 2019 Survey – how did YOUR area vote?
Tuesday, November 26th, 2019
Thank you to all residents who contributed towards a record near-600 responses to the November 2019 Crime Priorities survey.
These give a strong, representative sample on which to base discussions on neighbourhood policing priorities for the next quarter. These will be discussed at the Chiltern Community Forum meeting at The Misbourne School, Great Missenden, 6-8pm Wednesday 27th November.
Aggregate responses, responses by the four areas and responses to the under-18s’ survey can be seen below. Though the challenge of raising the response rate to the under-18s’ survey remains ‘work in progress’, we would like especially to thank those who did respond to the survey.
Some initial conclusions:
- The top 3 concerns across the whole area are also the top 3 priorities for the past quarter – residential burglary, drug dealing and speeding.
- Every single area and the under 18s listed Residential Burglary as their major concern.
- In Amersham area. 9 out of 10 respondents nominated Residential Burglary, and their 2nd and 3rd choices also related to theft.
- In Chesham, Drug Dealing was a strong second concern. For the Missendens it was Speeding. The Chalfonts survey reflected recent incidences of Antisocial Behaviour.
- Knife Crime was the number 2 concern for Under 18s. The comments made in the Under 18s’ survey showed considerable anxiety for safety of person and property.
Decisions for the top 3 Neighbourhood Policing priorities will be informed by these results. The actual decisions will be taken by the Forum meeting.
Click on images below to show graphs
Other Recent Posts
Friday, August 7th, 2020
WHY it is important to report crime and concerns: we can do more to help focus Policing support and attention on our own locality, and even help in the fight against broader crime. Read More...
Monday, June 14th, 2021
A guide to Nitrous Oxide abuse, published by Buckinghamshire Council Community Safety team in its latest Community Safety Newsletter. Read More...
Monday, June 14th, 2021
We welcome Chief Inspector Rachel Patterson in her new role as Deputy Commander, Chiltern & South Buckinghamshire Local Policing Area (LPA) Read More...
Monday, June 7th, 2021
Packed edition of Buckinghamshire Community Safety newsletter. Anti-social behaviour, Scams, Nitrous Oxide, Neighbourhood Watch and much more! Read More...
Friday, May 28th, 2021
Rental e-scooters are being trialled in nearby towns, so why are privately-owned scooters on allowed on the roads? Guidance on the rules around e-Scooters Read More...
Saturday, May 22nd, 2021
Advice on preventing catalytic converter theft, and a video showing removal of a catalytic conveter in less than a minute. Read More...
Friday, April 30th, 2021
Following many media and social media reports of dog thefts, we publish advice on keeping your pets safe from theft. Read More...