Thames Valley Police Force Open Day 10 August 2019
Tuesday, July 16th, 2019
Sadly, this event has had to be cancelled due to the prospect of inclement weather including dangerously strong winds.
The annual Thames Valley Police (TVP) Open Day will be held on Saturday 10 August at its training centre in Sulhamstead, between 10am and 4pm.
The Roads Policing Unit, Forensic Investigations Unit, Contact Management team and Specialist Operations team are among over 50 exhibitors who will be attending to showcase their work.
- Displays from the dogs section, with local search and rescue dogs and the public order team, which has a new twist in store this year.
- The force helicopter will be dropping by with an opportunity to meet the pilots and grab a photo.
- 11 exciting talks throughout the day; find out what family liaison is, what it’s like to answer the 999 and 101 calls, and learn about the history of Thames Valley Police.
- A fancy dress competition – dress in your best police themed costume to be in with a chance of winning a fantastic prize.
- Get involved in a scavenger hunt which will see you take a trip round the stalls to follow the clues and bring out your inner detective.
- Visit the museum and museum shop which will be celebrating its return to Sulhamstead.
TVP will also be raising funds for two worthy charities: PACT and Pilgrim Bandits.
- Car parking is available on a first come, first served basis.
- Assistance dogs are permitted to the event, other visitors with dogs will be turned away and dogs must not be left in vehicles.
- Bag searches will be taking place upon entry to the event.
- Entrance to the site is free.
- Last entry will be at 3.30pm for a 4pm close.
- Seating on site is limited, so please feel free to bring picnic blankets.
- Venue address: Thames Valley Police Training Centre, Sulhamstead, near Reading, Berkshire, RG7 4DX.
Other Recent Posts
Monday, December 5th, 2022
Video recording of Burglary Event held by Thames Valley Police for South Buckinghamshire residents on 1st December 2022 Read More...
Wednesday, February 1st, 2023
The Knife Angel spent a month at Arbour Park, Slough. We hope that its inspiring and thought provoking message has an abiding effect. Read More...
Friday, January 20th, 2023
Update on rural crime, including operations by the TVP Rural Crime team, crime trends, upcoming events, crime reduction advice and much more! Read More...
Friday, January 6th, 2023
Are you one of many residents who say we need more policing resource at a local/community level? If so, please take the opportunity to say so! Read More...
Friday, December 16th, 2022
We encourage residents to contribute their views to Thames Valley PCC Matthew Barber’s consultation on crime and the policing budget for 2023/24. Read More...
Wednesday, November 30th, 2022
Neighbourhood Police INspector and colleagues will speak to residents about concerns of an increase in burglaries via a Microsoft Teams meeting, 7pm Thursday 1st December. Read More...