Community Safety Newsletter June 2019
Wednesday, June 26th, 2019
The Community Safety Newsletter keeps residents informed about the activities of the Community Safety Partnership within Chiltern and South Bucks in the last and coming month.
Open the Community Safety Newsletter below to read more about:
- Plogging: litter picking whilst jogging..
- National Bike Week: including bike marking labels to Chiltern and South Bucks residents. .
- National Neighbourhood Watch Week 8th-16th June: looking to get more schemes up and running in Chiltern and South Bucks districts
- Safe Place Scheme: refreshed in Chalfont St Giles, Chalfont St Peter, Great Missenden, Stoke Poges and Richings Park, and now launched in Denham.
- Scam Awareness and Spring Crime Awareness events: including upcoming Friends Against Scams Awareness Event 11am-2pm, Tuesday 2nd July, Amersham Library.
- New Community Forum Priorities: please visit our May Priority Setting Decisions report.
- No Cold Calling Zones: joint initiative between Thames Valley Police, Trading Standards, and Chiltern and South Bucks District Council’s joint Community Safety Team, to prevent distraction burglaries and give vulnerable people the confidence to say NO to uninvited callers. Please see also our Nottingham Knockers and Rogue Traders news item.
- Rural Spotters Scheme: more information on our Rural Spotters Scheme Launched news post.
Other Recent Posts
Monday, November 27th, 2023
The Police and Crime Commissioner invites residents to participate in a consultation on Police funding for 2024-2025 Read More...
Thursday, November 9th, 2023
Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner addresses a well attended meeting on Community Speedwatch at Great Missenden Memorial Hall. Read More...
Tuesday, October 24th, 2023
A ‘Let’s Talk About Speeding’ meeting has been arranged for residents of the Missendens Community Board area on the evening of Tuesday 7th November, at the Great Missenden Memorial Hall. Read More...
Monday, October 23rd, 2023
Annual Community Safety survey from Buckinghamshire Council, informing strategy to reduce crime and anti-social behaviour in Buckinghamshire. Read More...
Sunday, October 22nd, 2023
Do we want a proactive, problem solving approach from our Police, or a service focussed simply on implementing a legal code? The ‘right’ answer is “the former”, but requires trust and confidence of communities in their Police service Read More...
Thursday, October 19th, 2023
Shoplifting is becoming a growing scourge. It’s misguided to consider it a ‘victimless crime’, absorbed by businesses and causing limited real harm. Read More...